Why Tour Atlas is different
Being a new concept for the travel industry and a disruptor in the way consultants have traditionally searched for tour itineraries, we get a lot of questions.
So here I’ve outlined some of the most common ones about what we do and how we do it.
“WHAT IS TOUR ATLAS?”
Tour Atlas is a tour search engine built exclusively for travel consultants, to help you find the right tour itinerary that meets your clients’ needs in minutes, not hours or days.
“HOW CAN TOUR ATLAS HELP ME?”
- It makes it easy to find the right tour for your clients.
- Save hours of research – you can find tours in minutes.
- Give you the best chance of converting a booking at the time of enquiry. You’ll have the Tour Atlas technology at your fingertips to find exactly the right tour your client needs. All you need to do is ask them if they want to book.
- Provide you with the tools you need to be a touring specialist.
- It has been created exclusively for retail travel consultants to compete with online and supplier websites
- It has everything you need to know about touring in the one place. No more waiting for brochures to be delivered, sales reps to visit or wading through hundreds of emails to find out what’s new in touring.
- It enables you to compare multiple itineraries on one screen instead of multiple website tabs and brochures scattered all over your desk. You no longer need to leave your client siting at your desk, while you frantically search for brochures in the back room.
- It provides the technology and platform for consultants to email itineraries from Tour Atlas with your agency branding directly to your clients without any external links to the supplier’s website, ensuring the call to action is your agency and you.
“HOW DO WE BOOK?”
Tour Atlas is a search engine, not a booking engine. We help you find the right tour to meet your clients’ needs and then you can book the same way you have always booked, either direct with the supplier or via your internal systems.
We provide you with a direct link to the suppliers booking engine on each Tour display page.
“WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU? HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR MONEY?”
The idea to design the Tour Atlas technology came from us recognising the need to support travel consultants in remaining competitive with online competitors, as well as identifying a gap in the market for supplier touring distribution.
Our clients are suppliers and travel consultants and the low annual membership fee is our only source of income.
We do not make commission from the supplier or our travel agency clients. This means that we can run an unbiased search engine, tour results returned match search criteria only.
“BUT WE DON’T SELL A LOT OF TOURING”
That’s OK. Consultants can use Tour Atlas to support them in designing FIT holidays to meet their clients’ needs. We provide over 14,000 multiday itineraries in 150 countries, across over 50 suppliers making Tour Atlas a great resource for FIT planning.
You may also want to use our site to source new or unique tours to market to your customer database and grow your touring market share. Most tours are high-yielding products.
Even if your agency is a cruise specialist, you can use Tour Atlas to find single or short multi day tours to fill the gaps in your client’s itinerary.
“OUR CLIENTS PREFER F.I.T”
As mentioned, consultants can use Tour Atlas as a research tool to support you in meeting the clients’ FIT needs.
“WE HAVE PREFERRED SUPPLIER PARTNERSHIPS THAT WE NEED TO SUPPORT, CAN TOUR ATLAS BE TAILORED TO ONLY SEARCH ACROSS PREFERRED SUPPLIERS?”
Yes, we can set up your Tour Atlas membership so only the suppliers you wish to include appear when you use the Tour Atlas search engine.
“CAN TOUR ATLAS BE ADDED TO OUR TRAVEL AGENCY WEBSITE SO WE CAN ATTRACT TOURING CLIENT ENQUIRIES?”
Yes, the Tour Atlas technology can be added to your website with a call to action back to your agency via an enquiry link.
We manage all the supplier links for you, all you need to do is advise us that you want to include Tour Atlas on your website and we’ll arrange a meeting with you. For more information visit: https://www.tour-atlas.com/TourFinder
We look forward to having you join us on Tour Atlas
Tour Atlas co-founder